Postponed due to COVID-19:
The NEVAC Symposium 2020 is organized by the Advanced Research Center for Nanolithography (ARCNL). We offer an attractive program of lectures, posters, exhibition, the NEVAC Annual Meeting and lab tour of ARCNL. As usual the symposium is free of charge for members of the NEVAC.
Prof. Joost Frenken
Dr. Jan Verhoeven
Dr. Roland Bliem
Amsterdam Science Park Congress Center (lectures, posters, exhibition, lunch)
Science Park 125, 1098 XG Amsterdam
ARCNL, Advanced Research Center for Nanolithography (lab tour, drinks)
Science Park 106, 1098 XG Amsterdam
09.30 Arrival + Coffee (Amsterdam Science Park Congress Center)
10.00 PLENARY SESSION
- Ron Heeren (Maastricht University): Ions, Images and Innovation: How molecular microscopes make medicine more precise
- Rutger Schlatmann (Helmholtz Zentrum, Berlin): Pushing solar energy conversion beyond today´s efficiency and cost limits
- NEVAC-Prize, including lecture
11.45 NEVAC Annual Meeting + Lunch
11.45 Lunch + Poster Session
13.30 PARALLEL SESSION A
- Eric Louis (University of Twente): Recent developments in optics for EUV-lithography
- Gosse de Vries (ASML, Veldhoven): EUV lithography and its vacuum of a kind
- Bart Weber (ARCNL, Amsterdam): Why does friction limit our ability to make smart phones smarter?
13.30 PARALLEL SESSION B
- Diederik Depla (Ghent University): Impurity dominated film growth
- Thomas Lucas (Eindhoven University of Technology & ARCNL): Smart*Light: A Compact Inverse Compton X-ray Source
- Mehdi Saedi (Leiden University): Formation of two-dimensional materials on liquid metal catalysts: An in situ investigation
15.00 Tea break
15.30 PLENARY SESSION
Ulrike Diebold (Vienna University of Technology): Oxide Surfaces at the Atomic Scale
16.15 Transfer to ARCNL (5 minutes walking to MATRIX-VII Building)
Lab tour ARCNL
Registration is required to participate in the NEVAC Symposium 2020. Registration is free of charge for NEVAC members.
For non NEVAC members, a modest fee of € 25 is requested.
More information will follow about the date.